This is the personal blog of Ian Ker, who was Councillor for the South Ward of the Town of Vincent from 1995 to 2009. I have been a resident of this area since 1985. This blog was originally conceived as a way of letting residents of Vincent know what I have been doing and sharing thoughts on important issues. I can now use it to sound off about things that concern me.

If you want to contact me, my e-mail is still ian_ker@hotmail.com or post a comment on this blog.

To post a comment on this blog, select the individual post on which you wish to comment, by clicking on the title in the post or in the list to the left of the blog, and scroll down to the 'Post a Comment' box at the foot.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Time Flies

It hardly seems four years since I last stood for re-election, but my calendar assures me it is.
The Electoral Commission today (Wednesday, 23 September) started mailing out ballot papers to those on the electoral roll. If you think you are on the electoral roll but have not received your ballot papers by, say, Friday 2 October, you should contact the WA Electoral Commission on (08) 9214 0400 to, first, check that you are on the electoral roll for Vincent (or you can check your enrolment on-line at https://www.waec.wa.gov.au/check_enrolment/index.php). If you are on the roll, you can ask for replacement voting papers from the Town of Vincent (Phone 9273 6000).

My thanks to those of you who voted for me in 2005. I hope you are able to do so again.

For all of you, including those voting for the first time in this local government election, I urge you to be informed and to make use of your vote.

To help you be informed, here is an electronic copy of my election leaflet - just click on the images for a larger, more readable version. For more information, you can scroll down this blog or e-mail me at ian_ker@hotmail.com.

When I originally posted this blog, the leaflet contained an error, showing a cross instead of a tick in the voting part. I have now corrected this.



Unlike other election fliers I have seen so far, this is not simply a list of vague statements or aspirations but a coherent history of achievements and a logical basis for moving into the future.

And just one reminder: voting closes at 6.00pm on Saturday 17 October but postal ballots have to be received by close of business on Friday 16 October. If you think you might be late, you can still bring your completed voting package to the Town of Vincent Administration Centre, 244 Vincent Street (cnr Loftus Street) up to 6pm on Saturday 17 October.

No comments:

Post a Comment