This is the personal blog of Ian Ker, who was Councillor for the South Ward of the Town of Vincent from 1995 to 2009. I have been a resident of this area since 1985. This blog was originally conceived as a way of letting residents of Vincent know what I have been doing and sharing thoughts on important issues. I can now use it to sound off about things that concern me.

If you want to contact me, my e-mail is still ian_ker@hotmail.com or post a comment on this blog.

To post a comment on this blog, select the individual post on which you wish to comment, by clicking on the title in the post or in the list to the left of the blog, and scroll down to the 'Post a Comment' box at the foot.

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Pocket Full of Mumbles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzUEL7vw60U
For those who sold their souls for the proverbial mess of pottage and voted Liberal at State or Federal levels, thus giving the rest of us the government THEY deserve, the words of Paul Simon (from 'The Boxer' - itself ironic at the federal level) seem highly apt.

I am just a poor boy
Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my resistance
For a pocket full of mumbles such are promises
All lies and jests
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest.

If the written words seem unclear, listen to the song and you'll hear the meaning.

Methinks we could do with a few bridges over a whole host of troubled waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment