This is the personal blog of Ian Ker, who was Councillor for the South Ward of the Town of Vincent from 1995 to 2009. I have been a resident of this area since 1985. This blog was originally conceived as a way of letting residents of Vincent know what I have been doing and sharing thoughts on important issues. I can now use it to sound off about things that concern me.

If you want to contact me, my e-mail is still ian_ker@hotmail.com or post a comment on this blog.

To post a comment on this blog, select the individual post on which you wish to comment, by clicking on the title in the post or in the list to the left of the blog, and scroll down to the 'Post a Comment' box at the foot.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I'm Back - and Homer still doesn't get it

I've been away travelling for a few weeks - hence the lack of posts on this blog. Now I'm back - and find that that not much seems to have changed - although the City of Perth seems to have identified yet more assets it wants to take over, with its bid for the prime commercial areas of Subiaco.

This is not unexpected, as the Minister simply deflects any questions by saying the matter is now with the LGAB for consideration. Looks like he hopes this period will allow community anger to die down - time to start proving him wrong!

I read with interest reports of the rally on the steps of Parliament House. The numbers were impressive - although, typically, the numbers reported in the West Australian were way below other estimates - even the West's own picture of just part of the crowd gives the lie to its estimate of 'hundreds'.

I was absolutely astounded, however, at the remarks by the Minister - who was reported as saying that those who attended were ill-informed or misinformed by Councils that had had their own agendas to pursue. Talk about pot calling kettle black - the Minister (and his master the Premier) have been masters of misinformation throughout this whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment