This is the personal blog of Ian Ker, who was Councillor for the South Ward of the Town of Vincent from 1995 to 2009. I have been a resident of this area since 1985. This blog was originally conceived as a way of letting residents of Vincent know what I have been doing and sharing thoughts on important issues. I can now use it to sound off about things that concern me.

If you want to contact me, my e-mail is still ian_ker@hotmail.com or post a comment on this blog.

To post a comment on this blog, select the individual post on which you wish to comment, by clicking on the title in the post or in the list to the left of the blog, and scroll down to the 'Post a Comment' box at the foot.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Not So Much A Meeting As A Lecture

Whilst it was good to see the turnout at the 'Town Hall Meeting' on Sunday 9th March, I was disappointed that there was no opportunity for input from the community. Town Hall Meetings, almost by definition, should be meetings rather than orations. To the best of my knowledge, there is an expectation that attendees generally may voice their opinions and ask questions at a Town hall Meeting.

I know, from talking with others after the meeting, that I was not the only one to feel this way.

I enjoyed Mayor John Carey's impassioned pleas - and was pleased to see that the option of retaining Vincent as it is was back on the agenda and is included in the Vincent website where it provides information to assist people to make comments on the various proposals.

I wasn't impressed with former Mayor Alannah MacTiernan, who still seems to be finding it difficult to overcome her vociferous opposition to the creation of Vincent in 1994 - and hasn't caught up with the clear message from the community - Keep Vincent Alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment