This is the personal blog of Ian Ker, who was Councillor for the South Ward of the Town of Vincent from 1995 to 2009. I have been a resident of this area since 1985. This blog was originally conceived as a way of letting residents of Vincent know what I have been doing and sharing thoughts on important issues. I can now use it to sound off about things that concern me.

If you want to contact me, my e-mail is still ian_ker@hotmail.com or post a comment on this blog.

To post a comment on this blog, select the individual post on which you wish to comment, by clicking on the title in the post or in the list to the left of the blog, and scroll down to the 'Post a Comment' box at the foot.

Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

Woody Guthrie Had It Right

Why am I poking my nose into government business, you might ask. The answer, friends, lies in the words of Woody Guthrie, sung by his son, Arlo Guthrie at 3:10 in the video below.
For those without the time or inclination to listen, here are the words:

As I was walkin' - I saw a sign there
And that sign said - no tress passin'
But on the other side .... it didn't say nothin!
Now that side was made for you and me!


Democracy and government belong to each of us and all of us. For governments to exclude us from the process is the antithesis of democracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment