This is the personal blog of Ian Ker, who was Councillor for the South Ward of the Town of Vincent from 1995 to 2009. I have been a resident of this area since 1985. This blog was originally conceived as a way of letting residents of Vincent know what I have been doing and sharing thoughts on important issues. I can now use it to sound off about things that concern me.

If you want to contact me, my e-mail is still ian_ker@hotmail.com or post a comment on this blog.

To post a comment on this blog, select the individual post on which you wish to comment, by clicking on the title in the post or in the list to the left of the blog, and scroll down to the 'Post a Comment' box at the foot.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Credit Where Credit's Due

Readers of this blog will be in no doubt that I don't like a lot of what Colin Barnett does nor how he goes about doing it. But there is always the exception - and his reported statement on MPs claiming expenses they are not entitled to is one that I and, I would hope, most people would support.

Contrast this with the 'head in the sand' approach that Tony Abbott appears to be taking federally - although I'm not sure that you can have your head in the sand when your snout's in the trough.

It seems that Don Randall and others who have been caught out lately take the view that, in the words emblazoned on my lawyer daughter's T-shirt, "It's only illegal if you get caught" - and even then they add the caveat that it isn't really illegal if you agree to pay back the money.

Ah! If only life were so simple for the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment