This is the personal blog of Ian Ker, who was Councillor for the South Ward of the Town of Vincent from 1995 to 2009. I have been a resident of this area since 1985. This blog was originally conceived as a way of letting residents of Vincent know what I have been doing and sharing thoughts on important issues. I can now use it to sound off about things that concern me.

If you want to contact me, my e-mail is still ian_ker@hotmail.com or post a comment on this blog.

To post a comment on this blog, select the individual post on which you wish to comment, by clicking on the title in the post or in the list to the left of the blog, and scroll down to the 'Post a Comment' box at the foot.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

Love the Pun - But It Ain't Funny

Or I could have called this 'Yet Another Broken Promise'. Not that it was quite a promise, but nothing was said in the election campaign about abolishing the Swan River Trust.

And, as a local councillor for over 14 years, I have seen at first hand the cost-shifting that state and federal governments (of both political persuasions) have been up to in the past couple of decades - and this could well be another example. Does Bassendean/Bayswater need a slice of Stirling to help it pay for a larger share of river-related works that Barnett intends to foist on it?
Perth Voice, Saturday 5th October, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment