This is the personal blog of Ian Ker, who was Councillor for the South Ward of the Town of Vincent from 1995 to 2009. I have been a resident of this area since 1985. This blog was originally conceived as a way of letting residents of Vincent know what I have been doing and sharing thoughts on important issues. I can now use it to sound off about things that concern me.

If you want to contact me, my e-mail is still ian_ker@hotmail.com or post a comment on this blog.

To post a comment on this blog, select the individual post on which you wish to comment, by clicking on the title in the post or in the list to the left of the blog, and scroll down to the 'Post a Comment' box at the foot.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Stirling Doesn't Want Us, Either - but shows a bit of respect

At least the City if Stirling has a reason for not doing that gives us some respect. I don't know why they're so scared of the debt of Beatty Park as it is a long-term viable proposition, but I do understand that they would be peeved at being forced to give up the Terry Tyzak Centre on which they'd spent millions in refurbishment.

But the key thing that differentiates Stirling from Perth is the acknowledgment that Vincent residents don't want to be split between Perth and Stirling. Stirling Mayor, David Boothman, is quoted as saying: "We cannot ignore the views of the Vincent community…" - we can only hope that Colin Barnett takes the same view after the plebiscite that is currently under way.
Guardian Express, 15th October, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment