This is the personal blog of Ian Ker, who was Councillor for the South Ward of the Town of Vincent from 1995 to 2009. I have been a resident of this area since 1985. This blog was originally conceived as a way of letting residents of Vincent know what I have been doing and sharing thoughts on important issues. I can now use it to sound off about things that concern me.

If you want to contact me, my e-mail is still ian_ker@hotmail.com or post a comment on this blog.

To post a comment on this blog, select the individual post on which you wish to comment, by clicking on the title in the post or in the list to the left of the blog, and scroll down to the 'Post a Comment' box at the foot.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

Lisa Doesn't Like People Power

Lisa Scaffidi, Lord Mayor of Perth, obviously considers what we in the community think is of no importance - it's all about the bureaucrats and a small number of Council members. 

I am very pleased to see Acting Vincent Mayor, John Carey, giving the lie to Scaffidi's arrogant assertion that you can't do due diligence at the same time as involving the community. I love the vernacular he uses, too - chewing gum and walking at the same time. I guess that sums up the difference between Vincent and Perth - our diversity enables us to multi-task, whereas Perth is all about big business.
Perth Voice, Saturday 5th October 2013
Be warned, members of the Vincent community, this is the sort of approach you'll get to community involvement if we end up in the City of Perth. Vote to retain Vincent in the Plebiscite.

No comments:

Post a Comment